Does your marketing function of your Funding Business Plan have a strategy dedicated to Search Engine Optimization (SEO)? If not, it should…I have learned over the last ten years of internet experience that SEO (SEO) can be an elusive and often overcharged service by “SEO experts.” So in this article I will lay out in a simple, step by step fashion how to do search engine optimization that will get your website noticed in the search engine general results. Here are some fundamental search engine optimization strategies to get you started.
For a brand new website, do this off page SEO over a 6 month period. For an established website, do this over a 3 month period. If you closely follow these SEO marketing strategies, your website will find its way to the first page of search engine results, which is where you can actually be noticed by a web surfer. But understand, SEO takes time, so give it time! Depending on where your website is currently positioned and SEO quality, along with the competitiveness of the given keywords, it can take just a few weeks or a few months for quantifiable results. Either way, it is worth the attempt and wait. It is a lot of work but the ROI is huge. If you want to capture the large earning potential the web offers without having to pay for expensive Sponsored CPC Ads or other online advertising, then SEO is necessary and the best way to go. SEO should be part and parcel with your Web Development plans.
Search Engine Optimization on Your Website
Do this for your homepage and your other important pages first and then proceed to off page SEO strategies (see below). The below tips should be customized to each webpage’s content.
– URL: Use a URL that contains your most important keyword, and your subpage URL addresses should contain that page’s particular keyword phrase.
– Page Title Meta Tag: No more than 100 characters; use your most important keywords ordered in importance; don’t worry about having your company name in the title if the keywords take up all the position.
– Page Description Meta Tag: No more than 250 characters; use all your important keywords in order of importance; mention what you do.
– Keywords Meta Tag: listed in order of importance; less is more- use relevant keywords; keyword phrases are better than single keywords or strung conjointly keywords.
– Header Tags: Use header tags (H1,H2,H3) for your most important keywords.
– Image Alt Tags: Put in keyword descriptions for your website pictures.
– Relevant Content: Provide content based around your keywords that is helpful for your web audience. Your Home page should say briefly what you do and feature your most important keywords (products/services), then use subpages to create more content and selective information on each keyword subject area.
– Fast Page Loading: Good hosting is a must!
– Use Good Code: Never hurts to have a web developer check your code for errors or use a software program.
– Good, Well Organized Navigation
– Create a SiteMap XML File: Submit to Google, Yahoo, Bing and Ask.
– Have a Blog: This is a must. Blog as many times per week as you can stand. Doesn’t need to be long, 400 words is fine. Blog on subjects common to your keywords. Submit to the Blog Directories, RSS Feed Directories and Blog Carnivals.
– Create an RSS Feed for your Website and Blog: submit to RSS feed directories
Search Engine Optimization Off Your Website
These strategies also provide you more web traffic and potential business (a great double benefit)…
– Submit your Site to the Search Engines: This is getting less important but still do it!
– Home Page and Important Subpage Social Bookmarks: Use social bookmarks to get the search engines to quickly spider / crawl your site, as well as, increase your visibility and create viral marketing. Be sure to submit to Do Follow bookmarks as well.
– Create a Local Business Profile for Google, Yahoo and Bing: use your important keywords and choose / create as many relevant categories as possible.
– Write Articles: Write your articles around your most important keyword subject areas and submit to article and blog directories. Put two Text links to your website in the Author Resource area (link to pages on your site that are about the particular keyword subject you are writing about). If submitting to a large number of Article Directories, consider spinning your articles so your content is seen as unique on each article directory. Be sure to spin your article where it still makes sense and has good content. Your articles should be at least 30% spun (or unique)- I recommend 50%.
– In Content Back Links From Blogs and Articles: In content back links from blogs and articles from other websites to yours is one of the best SEO strategies right now.
– Submit Your Blog to the Blog Directories and Blog Carnivals
– Submit Your RSS Feeds to RSS Directories
– Create Social Network Pages and Submit: Create a Squidoo page, Hubpage, Weebly page and Wetpaint page. Use different content for each on different keyword subject areas. Link back to your site and link them to each other (Link Wheel). Use no more than 9 back links for Squidoo and no more than 3 for Hubpages- as many as you like for the others. Submit the pages to social bookmarks and submit the pages’ RSS feeds to RSS directories. Also create a LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and Biznik profile with links back to your site (you can also use them to generate more business and publish articles).
– Submit your Website to Internet Directories: Gain of value back links, more traffic and more business. Make sure to submit into relevant categories and have a website description and title that uses your keywords (rotate your titles and descriptions).
– Create and Submit Press Releases: Create a press release around each of your most important keywords and submit them to press release directories over time.
– Post Comments in high PR and Relevant Blogs: Include a link to your website in your intelligent blog comment.
Online Marketing Strategies can be very cost effective and very targeted. SEO strategy is a major part of online marketing and brings you the very best marketing ROI. Work on it consistently and you will get a big reward. Stick with it!
About the Article Writer – Frank Goley, Business Consultant, ABC Business Consulting
Frank Goley is a business consultant, business turnaround consultant and business plan consultant for ABC Business Consulting. He has been helping companies to succeed for many years. Frank wrote his first business plan over twenty years ago. He is an expert in developing business plans, marketing plans, funding plans, strategic plans, turnaround plans, web marketing strategies, and project particular business plans. Frank is also a business coach and a web development, web marketing and web seo consultant. Frank is the author of a business plan book, The Comprehensive Business Plan Workbook – A Step by Step Guide to Effective Business Planning, and he has over 125 published articles and e-books on business success strategies. He also writes the Business Success Strategies Blog.